What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Custom Web Server Configuration with SSL

Votes:

1. The port for SSL connections should be modifiable. I have seen the answer that this is not possible in another KB question, but while I am describing my issue, I will throw my request in for making that modifiable.

2. The openssl client tells me that SSLv3/TLS1.0 is enabled and SSLv2 disabled. Can anyone else confirm this?

3. What is the supporting web server? Is it proprietary or can I configure it directly? If not, has anyone else configured a proxy service in front of PRTG to achieve flexibility in external or Internet facing configurations? What did you use and were there any lessons you would care to share?

ports ssl webserver

Created on Mar 2, 2011 9:28:28 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Paesler support confirms: [UPDATE] As of version 8.1.2.1760/1761 PRTG always uses SSLv3 connections, unless the registry is modified. For detailed information, please see: Enhanced Security https://www.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/9413-force-sslv3-connections-to-prtg-administration-site

Dirk confirms: No, sorry. You can only use the built-in web server. You can not use IIS or any other web server for PRTG (except using it as a proxy server). https://www.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/4863-how-can-i-use-iis-as-the-webserver-instead-of-the-built-in-one

Created on Mar 3, 2011 2:48:32 PM

Votes:

Hello,

1. Thank you for the feedback. We will keep it in mind.
  2. Yes, PRTGs webserver is set to use SSLv3, please see the following article for further details: Why don't I get an SSL connection to the PRTG web interface?
  3. PRTGs webserver bases on the Indy Library, all possible configurations are basically in the PRTG Server Administration tool, or in the registry with a few hacks.

Best Regards.

Created on Mar 3, 2011 2:50:09 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.