What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

What sensor to use on cisco catalyst 3750

Votes:

We are running a Catalyst 3750 for our network in star formation. We also have voip running and have a problem with brake-up on voice calls. After resetting the switch the problem the problem goes away for a while. What sensor can i use to monitor the switch to make sure it can handle the trafic. I at present make use of SNMP Trafic. This does not tel me if the switch is running at ful capasity?

Regards.

Johann van Coller

breke-up sensor-data voip-traffic

Created on Mar 6, 2011 7:51:33 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Ron an auto discovery on the switch. That should add a CPU and RAM usagesensor to the switch.

Have you thought about adding a QoS sensor

https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg8/qos_quality_of_service_sensor.htm

It might help you to find the bottleneck

Created on Mar 7, 2011 5:46:27 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.