What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How To Change the Port Used for Report Generation?

Votes:

Is it possible to change the port PRTG uses for its report generation? It seems to interfere with VMware Infrastructure clients (or some other software) on my PC.

http port prtg registry reporting webserver

Created on Jan 25, 2010 10:03:48 PM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Last change on Jul 21, 2010 1:52:42 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This article applies to PRTG Network Monitor 7 or later

Changing the Port for Report Generation

By default, PRTG Network Monitor uses IP 127.0.0.1 (this cannot be changed) and port number 8085 to generate reports. In some instances, for example if running a VMWare Virtual Center, the port in case might already be in use and, as such, you might want to change the port used for report generation.

You can change the port by adding a String value key entitled ReportPort containing the new port number. Please add it under the following registry entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Paessler/PRTG Network Monitor/Server/Webserver

This path may be different in your installation, depending on your setup (v7, v8 upgrade, v8 new, PRTG 9 and later) and operating system (32 bit, 64 bit). To find the right path, please look it up in the article How and where does PRTG store its data? (Heading Registry).

Note: Please backup your system before manipulating the registry!

Created on Jan 25, 2010 10:04:26 PM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Last change on Sep 15, 2014 1:23:35 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is this still supposed to work? I changed it a couple times (the 64 bit path) and after reboots it is back to occupying the 8085 port.

Created on Apr 21, 2020 8:28:22 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

I'm afraid to confirm that after a core server restart the port defaults to its standard setting. I've created a bug ticket for that, I'm afraid I don't have an ETA yet.

I kindly ask you to please check our Release Notes for an update on that: https://www.paessler.com/prtg/history/stable

I kindly ask for your understanding!

Kind regards,
Andreas Günther
Tech Support, Paessler AG

[email protected]

Created on Apr 22, 2020 12:26:25 PM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.