What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to monitor when a file has been read?

Votes:

I have tried by enablig auditing on the file and then creatin a WMI Even Log sensor, the problem is that I just need to monitor a specific file and not all the events with the same ID for all files. Can this be customized to check just for specific file events or so?

event-log file-monitoring read

Created on Mar 16, 2011 12:20:13 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

does the event contain the filename, so that you could use the name as a filter-parameter in PRTGs Eventlog-Sensors?

Best Regards.

Created on Mar 16, 2011 3:42:27 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, yes it contains a full path with the filename. How can I filter by filename with these filter-parameters:

Spike Filter Max. Value (#) Spike Filter Min. Value (#)

Created on Mar 17, 2011 12:17:37 PM

Votes:

These seem to be the 'Channel'-Settings of the sensor. However, I was referring to the Settings, please see: PRTG Manual - WMI Event Log Sensor.

Created on Mar 17, 2011 4:35:43 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

OK, I need to upgrade my PRTG to v8. Thanks.

Created on Mar 17, 2011 4:41:04 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.