What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitor Web Bandwidth

Votes:

Need to monitor actual throughput of our internet link. Performance seems to slow, but I cannot prove it. I can do a spot test to a bandwidth site, but I would like results over time. The HTTP sensors give msec but not KB

bandwidth graphs http prtg

Created on Mar 16, 2011 7:21:58 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear John,

monitoring the available bandwidth is a bit tricky. Our CEO explains why in the following two blog-posts:

Best Regards.

Created on Mar 17, 2011 1:26:28 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Monitoring - Part 2 Is exactly what I need. I only want to run a test every hour and a 500K file is big enough. Have the available servers, and architecture. Thanks

Created on Mar 17, 2011 4:26:44 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.