What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

IS it possible to monitor Trunk Groups from Switch on PRTG through SNMP

Votes:

i have converted Sonus Switch MIB to oidlib and saved it to library folder. Then Added my Sonus switch on PRTG, please tell me how to proceed to monitor all Trunk Groups on my Switch for no of Call?

snmp-library snmp-sensor snmpv2c

Created on Mar 18, 2011 1:28:29 AM

6 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

You would need to import the Sonus Trunk MIB, as well as all the underlying MIBs, as listed on the following page:

http://www.oidview.com/mibs/2879/md-2879-1.html

Created on Mar 22, 2011 2:33:26 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Yes..I have already imported Sonus Trunk Group MIB. Firstly I added a Group for my Sonus Switch than wanted to add Trunk Group on it as "Add Device" and then wanted to add Sensor.

Please help me with that...

Created on Mar 22, 2011 4:38:16 PM

Votes:

Then please use the "SNMP Library Sensor" and select the imported Sonus oidlib.

Created on Mar 22, 2011 4:40:32 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi ...Thank you very much.. I have been able to add TG and respective Sensors on PRTG.

Created on Mar 24, 2011 11:30:05 AM

Votes:

After using the MIB Importer tool where you able to see your imported MIB in "SNMP Library Sensor" as an option? I am not, stuck on this bit for a while now.

Created on Feb 21, 2017 4:52:22 AM

Votes:

Was the import with MIB Importer successful? Can you share some screenshots showing the process/steps that you take? Also, try if restarting the PRTG Core Service does help.

Created on Feb 21, 2017 8:25:47 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.