What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Pie chart

Votes:

Can we get a pie chart control for the maps?

chart maps prtg

Created on Mar 23, 2011 2:40:30 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

may I ask what kind of information (sensors) you would like to visualize with pie-charts?

Best Regards.

Created on Mar 23, 2011 1:43:27 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, any sensors where you might choose stacking. Essentially, I would use it in the same way I use data tables in maps. Looking through the list of available sensors I can only imagine it being used for custom sensors or sensor factories. For example, I wrote a custom sensor that returns the databases on a volume along with the remaining free space. I have another one that displays the % CPU time for each database on a server. I also envision this being useful for sensor factories, where you want to compare multiple servers to each other. Perhaps the % CPU on a series of servers in a farm, etc.

Let me know if you need further clarification.

Created on Mar 23, 2011 2:03:47 PM

Votes:

I understand, but PIE-Charts will lack the information about time, and that might be a very important one. For example it's a huge difference if a CPU has a usage of 99% for a very short seconds-spike or for the last half hour. And a pie-chart will not be able to tell you that.

Created on Mar 23, 2011 3:27:59 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.