What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Does PRTG v7.2 allow EXE/Powershell custom sensors to produce delta values from counters?

Votes:

I wrote some Powershell sensors to monitor DB2, and I didn't see any way to specify a delta sensor type. Many of the values I'm capturing are ever-increasing numbers (rows read, statements executed, etc), and I am trying to capture and graph the delta values like I've done in other tools such as RRDTool. It looked to me like PRTG v7.2 only allows SNMP custom sensors to process delta values from counters. Did I miss something? If I'm correct that EXE sensors can't process delta values in that manner, which version of PRTG offers that capability?

custom-exe delta powershell

Created on Mar 23, 2011 10:08:56 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

I'm afraid the same still applies for PRTG 8. You would have to save the last value in a file or similar and simply calculate the delta-value in the script, and then return this delta to PRTG.

Best Regards

Created on Mar 24, 2011 2:04:25 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.