What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Roundtripsensor und Exchange 2010

Votes:

Zur Überprüfung des Mail-Zustellungsprozesses bin ich laut ihrer empfohlenen Konfiguration vorgegangen. Vom eigenen Email-System wird ein mail an ein externes Konto versendet und von dort wieder auf das eigene Konto zurückgesendet. Dies funktioniert auch soweit. Der pop3-Übermittlungssensor bringt jedoch einen Fehler: Connecting to POP3 Server: Socket Error # 10060 (Timeout-Fehler). Kann dies an einer "Unvereinbarkeit" des Sensors mit Exchange 2010 liegen?

exchange-2010 pop3 roundtrip socket-error-#10060

Created on Mar 25, 2011 7:54:38 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

I don't speak German, but it looks like the same error on a POP3 roundtrip sensor as I'm getting. Is there a known solution to this these days? I know it's getting through the border firewall and that the exchange server firewall has the pop3 port open so I think it has something to do with the exchange server not responding.

Created on Sep 8, 2014 8:02:45 PM

Votes:

What you may want to check is if the Exchange server is allowing Pop3 connections from the PRTG server's IP address.

You should also check the Exchange server's logs to see if there is any reason stated there as to why it's not allowing the connections.

Also, check that there isn't security needed as it sounds like this exchange server is on the internet and may require TLS and / or Authorization.

Another step would be to make sure that the email account has Pop3 enabled for it and not just imap & activesync.

Lastly, you can write the sensor's result to disk to see exactly where it's timing out. Post it here if none of these things work.

Created on Sep 10, 2014 11:15:34 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.