What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I monitor HP ProCurve switch interfaces?

Votes:

When I perform an auto discovery on my Cisco switches, PRTG recognizes the interfaces. This is not happening on my ProCurve switches? I'm fairly new to PRTG so any help would be greatly appreciated.

procurve prtg snmp

Created on Mar 25, 2011 3:22:24 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

is SNMP set up on the ProCurve switch? Can you try manually adding a SNMP Uptime Sensor? Does this work? If yes, please also try adding manually SNMP Traffic Sensors.

Best Regards.

Created on Mar 25, 2011 3:51:29 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I get "no response" from the snmp uptime sensor.

Created on Mar 25, 2011 3:56:26 PM

Votes:

That would mean that either SNMP is not enabled on the device or that the requests are blocked. You can use our SNMP Tester to further check this: https://www.paessler.com/tools/snmptester

Created on Mar 25, 2011 4:02:48 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 25, 2011 4:03:10 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I know this is an old post.

I have managed to get this working. I enabled snmpv3 and then disabled it. Once this was done snmp v2c started working.

Obviously something happens in this process. Hope it helps somebody else.

Created on May 24, 2012 7:10:57 AM

Votes:

Thanks for this post, it was helpful to us. We had the same issue until we rebooted the switch which is currently running firmware PK 1.4

Created on Oct 22, 2014 5:06:53 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.