What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Time/Date Range in Reports

Votes:

Lets say i run a report for the previous month on a Internet circuit and I run the report with a 1 hour interval for each day. When i get the report back and see a certain bandwidth usage # (in mbits/s) showing in the sum speed (Traffic in & Traffic out) column, is that the cumulative total amount used for that time period or just the amount used at the end of that interval? I'm wanting to get an accurate reading of bandwidth used at any point of time during a day.

Thx

bandwidth interval-time reports sum

Created on Mar 29, 2011 10:57:43 PM

Last change on Mar 31, 2011 10:42:28 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

the 'Sum'-values (directly beneath the graphs) in the report usually refer to the entire report period (so should apply for the whole month).

best regards.

Created on Mar 30, 2011 12:46:40 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Actually what i need to find out is this.

For example, on one day between 11:57 am and 11:58 am (being that the report was run with 1 min intervals) the Sum(speed) volume shows "2 mbit/s" for that time interval. Is this the total (cumulative) bandwidth used for that minute interval, an average for that time period or just what bandwidth that happened to be measured at the beginning/end of that interval?

Thx

Created on Mar 30, 2011 2:57:55 PM

Votes:

For the speed-value it's an average. The corresponding volume is a total value of the traffic in this minute.

Created on Mar 30, 2011 3:48:19 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.