What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

why got the message text in 'Notifications' after upgrade lost?

Votes:

I've upgraded from PRTG7 to PRTG8, but after that the message text i had in the 'notifications' got lost. I can see my lost message text in the "PRTG Configuration.dat" file. I also compared the old file from the backup folder before i've made the upgrade with the new file after the upgrade and I found the missing text to. Nevertheless the text isn't anymore in my notifications. Currently I don't miss any other settings.

How can I get the text back in that message body?

message--text- notifications upgrade

Created on Mar 31, 2011 12:31:21 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

if you go to "Setup"->"System Administration"->"System & Website"->"Email Options" and there select the option to use the "old V7-Templates", does this bring back your customized templates?

Best Regards.

Created on Mar 31, 2011 1:18:44 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

OK. thanks, it works. I saw this point, but I didn't dare to do it ...

Created on Apr 1, 2011 10:43:21 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.