What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Does PRTG have the ability to tell you what device is connected to a switchport?

Votes:

I monitor bandwidth on switchports. When it gets high for a specific port, I would like to know what device is causing it. Unfortuantely I don't have documentation for all of my switchports, so it would be save me a lot of time if there is a way to automatically detect what device (maybe be name or IP address) that is connected to each port.

auto-detect ip switchport

Created on Apr 1, 2011 5:54:56 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear Andy,

I'm afraid PRTG can't do that in the moment.

best Regards.

Created on Apr 4, 2011 11:03:10 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is this possible now with the newest version?

Created on Mar 28, 2015 12:38:11 AM

Votes:

This is still on the wish list. Please consider your vote counted, and bear with us.

Created on Mar 30, 2015 7:33:21 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.