What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to activate path-jitter of IP-SLA on PRTG v8.3?

Votes:

Hello,

I've seen "path-jitter" in Cisco IP-SLA is supported in V8.3 and set up the trial version of v8.3 before upgrading our production server, but PRTG v8.3 doesn't automatically pick up the type of operation and only shows the average RTT.

Could you advise if there's any special procedure to activate it or do I need to configure any other lines? We are using IOS 12.4(24)T2 on Cisco 3845 router.

ip sla 133722 path-jitter 10.xx.xx.xx ip sla schedule 133722 life forever start-time now

I've also tried to configure the other type of IP-SLA instances such as VoIP jitter, ICMP jitter, ICMP echo and all the other ones worked fine on the same device. I don't think there's no issue on SNMP. I've also confirmed that the IP-SLA itself seems to be working fine on the router.

cisco ip-sla snmp

Created on Apr 4, 2011 4:37:05 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

which exact version of PRTG are you running right now?

Best regards.

Created on Apr 6, 2011 1:22:36 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I am also looking into this IP-SLA Path-Jitter but am unable to get it working with PRTG, PRTG Network Monitor 12.3.3.2855

Cisco 2911 - Version 15.2(3)T

Created on Oct 18, 2012 8:05:56 AM

Votes:

This may be possible in the current canary or preview builds of PRTG. Would it be possible for you to install a freeware version of PRTG on a spare PC/Server, switch it to canary/preview-branch and then try it again?

Created on Oct 18, 2012 2:38:31 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.