What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitor display

Votes:

I'm looking for some direction that isn't a typical question you'd see on the forums, or at least I don't think it would be. I've got PRTG up and configured for the most part, but now I'm looking what is the best view to display the data. It seems like the views don't change to much, and I know it seems like a silly request but I'd like some advice on the best view points of our sensors and data?

I've got a few 32" LCDs here in the NOC and I'd like to display the various sensor information that continuously changes and updates. What view or area of PRTG would you recommend I display? I've thought about a refresh timer on the browser, but I was still looking for a bit more.

If you could please provide me with some advice and guidance.

All in all, the product is great and we are very happy with it. Hat off to your product!

Cheers,

display monitoring sensors

Created on Apr 4, 2011 4:41:12 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

PRTG comes with a few standard dashboards that can be used for this. You can also create your own dashboard in a html page using PRTG's API to completely fine-tune your dashboard.

Using the API you can create almost any view you like, including gadgets and other notifiers

Created on Apr 4, 2011 5:35:59 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.