What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Increasing horizontal number of map graphs

Votes:

We'd like to stretch the map display over a wide screen (or two screens) but it doesn't seem to resize allowing more than 7 graphs horizontally. We'd like at least twice that.

I've tried the Settings -> Layout -> Absolute Width but above a certain width it has no further effect on the number of graphs. How can I do this, please?

graphs map resize

Created on Apr 9, 2011 11:16:25 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Dear David,

may I ask the exact settings of your map and which exact map-object(s) we are talking about?

best regards.

Created on Apr 11, 2011 10:27:36 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Torsten, I suspect that I've been imprecise by talking about 'map display' so my apologies.

The desktop space allocated for this app for our previous version was 2 x 1280x1024 screens with a single desktop extended horizontally across these. This allowed us to display over 50 graphs comfortably.

Now that we have upgraded we're looking to replicate this display configuration as closely as possible. All of my attempts to place more than 7 graphs horizontally have failed though.

Many thanks for your time.

Created on Apr 11, 2011 3:30:01 PM

Votes:

And which map objects do you use?

Created on Apr 11, 2011 4:34:53 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Live bandwidth graphs

Created on Apr 12, 2011 9:18:03 AM

Votes:

Hello,

can you please send us a screenshot of what exactly you are referring to to [email protected]?

Created on Apr 12, 2011 12:50:54 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.