What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Could not perform update check: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

Votes:

Getting this error within our alerts. Says it's from System catagory. I assume something to do with a blocked web site because of how server 2003 blocks web sites until their added to the allowed list. Any assistance appreciated!

check forbidden update

Created on Apr 11, 2011 12:49:10 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

For the last 2 days we had a configuration issue for the domain "updatecheck.paessler.com" which is used for PRTG's update checks. It should work fine now. I am sorry if this has caused any trouble.

Created on Apr 11, 2011 1:59:42 PM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Votes:

We have the same problem, prtg-versions-check does not work: Message is: "Es wurden zu viele automatische Umleitungen versucht."

Created on Apr 12, 2011 11:33:31 AM

Votes:

This should be fixed by now.

Created on Apr 13, 2011 1:39:47 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

No, still the same problem.

Created on May 23, 2011 6:47:23 AM

Votes:

Do you use a Proxy Server? Because the Update Check does not work over a proxy.

Created on May 23, 2011 12:50:53 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

No, no proxy, fast internet-connection with 100Mbit. And since yesterday the version-check is not all the time red but changes to green from time to time for a while but not stable. In the settings of the sensor I changed the timeout from 60 sec. to 240 sec. but that did not help. It worked fine and stable until some weeks ago the sensor stopped staying green or changing to yellow in case of an update. Now it's red most of the time.

Created on May 24, 2011 5:49:24 AM

Votes:

I'm afraid we were referring to the internal PRTG Update Check not a custom sensor. We can't say why this one does not work anymore with the new website.

Created on May 24, 2011 1:21:33 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.