What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Historic Data Query Hung

Votes:

Recently, we tried to run a couple historic data reports. Apparently those jobs were too much for PRTG to handle because it hung for 30-45 minutes. We needed to terminate the jobs because they were using too much CPU. The only way we could come up with to stop those queries was to restart PRTG. Is there another way to do this? If not, could we suggest a feature enhancement that would allow you to terminate queries without restarting the system?

historic-data query restart

Created on Apr 11, 2011 6:27:22 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

What exactly were you creating the reports for (i.e. number of sensors, time span, etc.)? Depending on the amount of objects and time span selected, generating a particular report can take quite a while.

Created on Apr 13, 2011 1:43:34 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

I have this same problem with PRTG 9.2.1.2280. I am trying to run the Review or Download Historic Sensor Data feature within one sensor and it just hangs. The Quad core CPU server went from about 17% to 48%. The popup window that will present the Historic Data review is just blank and waiting. It has ran for over 15 mins and nothing yet.

Created on Apr 13, 2012 7:58:09 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.