What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

NSURLErrorDomain 404 - iphone app not working

Votes:

We have just setup the trial version of PRTG and I am trying to setup the iphone app. However, I am getting the above error code. I have tested the demo account and this works fine.

Any suggests? Does the trail version work for the iphone app?

Any help would be great.

Cheers Nathan

error-404 iphone nsurlerrordomain

Created on Apr 15, 2011 3:04:12 PM

Last change on Apr 18, 2011 2:37:20 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

9 Replies

Votes:

Dear Nathan,

in order to connect to your PRTG installation via the Internet (which is the most likely case when using a PRTG mobile app), please make sure your PRTG server installation is accessible from 'the outside world'. This will likely involve changing (hardware and/or software) firewall settings (and/or port forwarding settings). By default, PRTG runs on port 443 via SSL.

Created on Apr 18, 2011 2:39:30 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on May 28, 2014 1:29:31 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

Cheers for getting back to me ... yep we have got our network team to setup a NAT'd internet facing address for the server asnd I am able to browse to it with firefox over the internet but not via IE9 interestingly...

So in short the server and monitoring app is visable over the internet ...

Any other ideas ???

Cheers NAthan

Created on Apr 18, 2011 3:04:12 PM

Votes:

Are you able to access the "Mini HTML" web interface from your iPhone's browser?

Created on Apr 18, 2011 4:09:42 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on May 28, 2014 1:29:09 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Sorry for the late reply,

we have been moving offices and this had to take a back seat ...

I have just checked and I can access the website via the Iphones browser it does complain about SSL cert but once you accept the error it loads up fine ...

Whats the next step for this as we as a company have now taken this product onboard but to roll out fuilly it would be very handy to have this app working ...

Cheers Nathan

Created on May 9, 2011 9:09:03 AM

Votes:

In the settings of iPRTG, please enable the option to ignore certificate errors.

Created on May 9, 2011 2:48:29 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

thats been done and still getting same error ... i have also tried toggling with other settings ssl and https etc ...

thanks for your help with this ...

Cheers Nathan

Created on May 9, 2011 5:22:03 PM

Votes:

There seems to be a problem with your iPhone 3GS. On iPhone 4 we can log in to PRTG without any problems.

Created on May 12, 2011 1:14:28 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

I am having the same issue on an iPhone 4. Using http://ipaddress:8080 No SSL IOS Version 4.3.1 Tried 3G & WiFi

I can choose search and place the cursor in the search bar. As soon as I type a character, I get:

Error Loading Data [404] The operation couldn't be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error 404.)

Support info: Software Version and Server Information PRTG Network Monitor 7.3.5.5747 Operating System: Windows Server 2003 (5.2.2 Build 3790 Service Pack 2), 4 CPUs, Intel Pentium, on "SEAGATE ST336752LW SCSI DISK DEVICE" Server Time: 5/31/2011 2:16:09 PM Server CPU Load: 9% Last Error Message: Username: Logged in as PRTG System Admin © 2010 Paessler AG, Burgschmietstrasse 10, 90419 Nuremberg, Germany Browser: (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.65 Safari/534.24)

Created on May 31, 2011 9:32:54 PM

Votes:

Hallo,

please add the PRTG demo account to the app and try there.

The demo account does connect to a PRTG installation

Created on Jun 22, 2011 9:08:57 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Last change on May 28, 2014 1:32:14 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.