What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is there a way to override the WMIMemory sensor default threshold on a case by case basis?

Votes:

For the most part the default WMIMemory threshold of %20 seems reasonable but in some instances specifically on Exchange or SQL servers where by design the database uses most available memory I would like to be able to ajdust this threshold manually as I can with the diskfree min/max default of 10/25. Is there a way to accomplish this? I have searched the program, knowledgebase and manual and for what seemed like an obvious issue I have been unable to locate it. Secondly, and off the point completely is there a way to sort the devices alphabetically? I was able to drag and drop devices into different groups which I realized after the fact that I should have created the groups prior to autodiscovery but now they are not in any particular order and I dread having to manually sort alphabetically to make locating devices in the list easier.

Thanks for a great product.

alphabetically devices sorting threshold wmimemorysensor

Created on Apr 20, 2011 3:10:53 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

in the sensor go to the channels tab and change the lit settings for the channel in question.

Created on Apr 21, 2011 10:39:42 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.