What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I determine which .NET framework versions are installed on my system?

Votes:

I would like to determine the dotNET version(s) installed on my Windows system. Is there an easy way to do this?

-net dotnet framework tools version windows

Created on May 3, 2011 11:04:11 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on May 3, 2011 11:05:27 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Alternatively you can find the version number of each installed framework in the registry tree on the left-pane at this registry path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP

If you click at the major version number key there will be a string value called “version” on the right-pane which will show the full version number of the selected framework.

Created on Sep 28, 2012 3:27:06 PM by  Bernd Wolf (100) 2 1

Last change on Oct 1, 2012 6:59:37 AM by  Bernd Wolf (100) 2 1

2 Replies

Votes:

Created on May 3, 2011 11:05:06 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Oct 18, 2011 1:20:25 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Alternatively you can find the version number of each installed framework in the registry tree on the left-pane at this registry path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP

If you click at the major version number key there will be a string value called “version” on the right-pane which will show the full version number of the selected framework.

Created on Sep 28, 2012 3:27:06 PM by  Bernd Wolf (100) 2 1

Last change on Oct 1, 2012 6:59:37 AM by  Bernd Wolf (100) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.