What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Threshold triggers and red, yellow, green icons

Votes:

Question #1: I am trying to find a way to turn my sensor colors based on a threshold change. I have successfully enabled it to email but I cannot find a way to change the threshold. For example:

If CPU goes above 45%, email AND turn icon YELLOW If CPU goes above 75% email AND turn icon RED

I can get the emails, but I do not see where to change the icon color.

Question #2: Is there a way to have a view of just the live graphs for specific favorite sensors? For example:

I would like a single page to display only the live CPU usage graph for four different web servers. I do have a favorite sensor page but it lists things that I do not want like status, message, last value when all I really want is a graph view. I wish to have our four web server CPU graphs displayed on one page and projected ona large monitor in the network center. Is this possible?

graphs prtg wmi

Created on May 3, 2011 11:40:41 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear Tom,

1. This can be done using the Error- and Warning- Limits on a sensor: PRTG Manual - Sensor Channel Settings
  2. You can do this by simply setting up a map with the live graphs of your favorite sensors: PRTG Manual - Maps

best regards.

Created on May 4, 2011 11:36:57 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.