What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

ipv6 support before fall/winter release 2011

Votes:

so I saw the article about version of prtg being released in fall/winter of 2011 that supports ipv6 - this seems quite a bit down the road. is there any way to get on a beta/alpha list to help test this feature. Would really like to monitor ipv6 bandwidth usage via softflowd which fully support ipv6 but have not seen any addresses in the top talkers or connections, etc.

beta ipv6 prtg

Created on May 6, 2011 5:50:52 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

I'm afraid, in the moment I can only say that indeed we plan IPv6-Support for PRTG 9 (in Q4/2011), but I can't pass on any details. Sorry.

best regards.

Created on May 9, 2011 12:30:31 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Does "ipv6 support" mean only querying devices over IPv6 or does it also mean collection and analysis of IPv6 flow data?

Created on May 19, 2011 2:23:08 PM

Last change on Dec 2, 2021 10:17:07 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Votes:

I'm sorry Jim, no public details yet.

Created on May 19, 2011 2:37:54 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on May 19, 2011 2:38:03 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.