What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

GeoMaps and Remote Probes

Votes:

I have multiple locations connected to our main datacenter by WAN links, so I have remote probes installed in those locations. I would like to be able to use the GeoMap at the group ROOT, to only display the status of the probes, and not display any geo map location information from devices and groups below the probes.

geo-maps groups probes

Created on May 7, 2011 12:08:29 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear Terry,

you simply would have to disable the inheriting of the Geographical Locations on all groups just below the Probes, or you can also only set the Locations on the Probe Devices. Then you should only see the probes locations and not the devices underneath as well.

best regards.

Created on May 9, 2011 1:29:34 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We support multiple school districts, which could have multiple buildings and multiple subnets. When I look at the ROOT GeoMap, I see the remote probes, plus the status of Group1, Group2, Group3, etc. I want to be able to block those from showing at the ROOT Geomap, but show their status when I look at ProbeA Geomap, or GroupA Geomap. Here is my design:

ROOT
--ProbeA (Location address set)
   --GroupA (Location inheritance unchecked, no address set)
       --Group1 (Location inheritance unchecked, address set)
           --Device1
           --Device2
           --etc
      --Group2 (Location inheritance unchecked, address set)
          --Device1
          --Device2
          --etc
   --GroupB (Location inheritance unchecked, no address set
       --etc

I have multiple levels of permissions, and do not give access to the ROOT to all users, most only have access to their groups under the probes. They will manage / monitor their own groups in their locations.

Created on May 11, 2011 10:47:19 AM

Last change on May 11, 2011 2:06:03 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm afraid that is not possible, to block the Groups from being displayed if they have location data set.

Created on May 16, 2011 4:38:07 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.