What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

5000 sensors limit has not been reached but devices will not provide sensor after each 'Auto Discove

Votes:

I am using a free trial which has a max of 5000 sensor and the issue appears to that each time I add a new device and run an 'Auto Discovery' only the ICMP is seen and not the actual interfaces (sensors) of my devices. Only one device is displaying live sensors which are not paused. I have other devices that just display the Ping and nothing else. I notice a connection refused error #10061 for each of the problem devices which are not displaying sensors.

Devices are (Cisco Nexus 5K and 7K routers)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

5000 autodiscovery cisco connection-refused icmp nexus sensors

Created on May 9, 2011 1:47:24 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

can you manually add sensors (SNMP Traffic Sensors, for instance) to these devices where the auto-discovery only created a Ping Sensor?

best regards.

Created on May 9, 2011 3:09:46 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I cannot manually add SNMP Traffic Sensors either. Per each attempt I receive the following error:

Sorry, the scan for available monitoring items has failed!

Error Message:"No response (check: firewalls, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc) (SNMP error # -2003)"

My SNMP Community strings are correct as I have a single device that has sensors with no problems. The setup is identical.

Created on May 9, 2011 3:39:34 PM

Votes:

That means that these targets do not respond to PRTGs SNMP Requests. Is the PRTG Host allowed to send SNMP Requests to these devices (this has to be specifically allowed in some Cisco devices)? You can also use our SNMP Tester to check SNMP communication.

Created on May 9, 2011 4:00:27 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.