What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Which ports are required by PRTG

Votes:

I am about to install PRTG within a secure network, and need to know which ports to open on my firewall to allow fully access and functionality for PRTG. I'd rather not do this by trial and error.

The installation will involve the deployment of remote probes, and will also require an external customer to be able to log into my PRTG server via either the web interface or Enterprise Console (windows GUI), and it will also probably utilise the iPhone App too.

Is there a list of the default ports used/required?

Thanks Ian

firewall ports security

Created on May 11, 2011 8:33:36 PM

Last change on Sep 23, 2013 4:04:57 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

For a list of ports that PRTG requires, please see the article Which ports does PRTG use on my system?

Created on Sep 15, 2014 2:47:09 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear Ian,

Remote Probes by default use the port 23560 to connect to the Core Server, this applies for all Remote Probes, and can be changed to be a different port for all probes then. Access to the web interface will require either port 80 or 443 (or any other if you change the webserver port). The Enterprise Console (formerly called WinGUI) and the iPRTG app also connect to this port. So for access to PRTG from "the outside", then either port-forwarding is necessary or a VPN Connection (which might be a good option for iPRTG, with the inbuilt VPN of the IPhone). For PRTGs sensors it's basically always the default ports for the protocols used by the sensors (SNMP - UPD 161, WMI - TCP 135, SMTP - TCP 25, etc.).

best regards.

Created on May 12, 2011 11:42:43 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 23, 2013 4:06:20 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Votes:

this is only about the ports regarding the PRTG access and the remote probe connection right?

For the remote probes you need to open the defined port in your firewall on the core server side and make sure the incoming data is directed to the core server. (NAT rule)

The web interface, the Enterprise Console (WIN GUI) and the iPhone App all use the PRTG webserver for access, so we would recommend to enable ssl for the webserver so that port 443 is used.

Created on May 12, 2011 11:46:10 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 23, 2013 4:07:53 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

For a list of ports that PRTG requires, please see the article Which ports does PRTG use on my system?

Created on Sep 15, 2014 2:47:09 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.