What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is IIS required or something ?

Votes:

I have installed twice. The Windows GUI launches fine, but can't connect to any type of web interface locally or remotely... is IIS suppose to be installed or something ??? Nothing in the online requirements that I can find mentioned IIS being require so at a loss.

Both PRTG services are launched and running

any help would be fine...

Off to try another software and see if I can get something to work

installation prtg windows

Created on May 17, 2011 6:32:13 PM

8 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

PRTG does not use or require IIS. Which error do you get? Can you access PRTG in your webbrowser?

best regards.

Created on May 17, 2011 7:33:40 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I get the standard "page cannot be displayed" error in my browser...

https://192.168.1.49

standard Microsoft crap

Created on May 17, 2011 7:41:51 PM

Votes:

Can you connect to 127.0.0.1 on the PRTG host? Please also check if your browser supports SSLv3.

Created on May 17, 2011 7:45:43 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Don't know, I'll have to reinstall it again, then I'll check on 127.0.0.1

Created on May 17, 2011 7:51:00 PM

Votes:

nope, can't connect on 127.0.0.1 either and yes the browser supports SSLv3

Created on May 17, 2011 8:08:49 PM

Votes:

Maybe you have multiple IP addresses and the PRTG's webserver is not listening on the correct IP? You can check this in the PRTG Server Administration Tool under Select IP address for PRTG's Web Server.

Created on May 17, 2011 9:36:02 PM

Last change on May 18, 2011 1:48:48 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

OK

Must have been browser related, because when I installed Firefox, I can access stuff...

Now my next question... I am trying to locate who on the network is using all the freaking bandwidth on the internet... I have tried running some reports, but it doesn't show much other than some printers with high traffic (sure, everyone internally prints to them) so not sure how I can view real time bandwidth by computer or possibly a report with every computer's bandwidth usage over the last 15 min ??? help (and thanx so far)

Created on May 18, 2011 12:03:20 PM

Votes:

In order to show your traffic in very detail, you will need to set up bandwidth monitoring sensors, such as Packet Sniffing or NetFlow/sFlow/jFlow sensors.

For more details, please see PRTG 8 Manual: Bandwidth Monitoring Comparison and the article How do I discern excessive bandwidth usage with PRTG?

Created on May 18, 2011 12:21:48 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.