What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can I set a tag via the API?

Votes:

We use th Tags in PRTG as an easy way to run reports. But we use a different DB that will be using to update the descriptions as they change. can i assign a new tag through the API?

api description prtg tags

Created on Jun 2, 2011 6:43:42 PM

Last change on Jun 3, 2011 12:18:03 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Please use an API call like the following:

/api/setobjectproperty.htm?id=xxxx&name=tags&value=myNewTag1,myNewTag2

(Replace xxxx and myNewTag1,myNewTag2 accordingly.)

This will change the tags of the object with ID xxxx to myNewTag1 and myNewTag2.

Note: The tags will not be added to the existing ones, but they the entire Tags field will be replaced by the new tags.

For the entire documentation of the PRTG API, please see How can I use the PRTG Application Programming Interface (API)?

Created on Jun 3, 2011 12:25:31 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.