What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Map for anonymous access

Votes:

Hello, I have designed a map for each department in our organization. I'm not creating users for each department, so I'm keeping it all anonymous accessible. The problem is that they see the devices collapsed and if they try expanding, it doesn't work. I need them to see the last value of the primary channel.

If I open the map with the admin user, the devices are not collapsed. Maybe there is a way to expand the devices by default when anonymous accesses the map?

Hope you can help.

Thanks, Philip

maps prtg8 uncollapsed

Created on Jun 6, 2011 11:50:14 AM

Last change on Jun 6, 2011 1:37:08 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

The behavior of maps when accessing them via the public "mapid-password" will be changed in PRTG v9. In this version, all nodes will be unfolded by default. Version 9 is planned for Q4/2011, but we cannot give an ETA yet.

However, in PRTG 8 the default auto-fold options are used when accessing maps publicly (max. groups/devices per group: 10; max. sensors per device: 20). Unfortunately, this cannot be changed. I am sorry the only solution for now will be to either create groups and devices with less devices and sensors (to avoid auto-folding) or to create a PRTG login for each user(group) you want to give access to a map.

Created on Jun 6, 2011 1:35:01 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.