What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to see connected ips to server

Votes:

I run many game servers on a windows server 2008 r2 machine with PRTG installed. I am totally new to this program and would like to know how i can see all ips connected to the machine. We are very prone to DDOS attacks and this is the reason I am going to purchase this program, id like to see the ips that connect to my server, and how much bandwith they are using... is this possible?

connected ddos ip server

Created on Jun 6, 2011 12:53:04 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

this is possible using a Packet Sniffer on the PRTG Probe which runs on this game server. Then you will see the IPs in the "TopLists". But please be aware that by default the toplists are limited to 100 entries for their 15 minute periods.

best regards.

Created on Jun 6, 2011 3:18:15 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.