This article applies to PRTG Network Monitor 8 or later
Tweak the HTML Code
Per default, the "Google Map" Map objects in PRTG only show 5 items in the legend. This is hard-coded. However, with a little 'handmade' tweak you can get PRTG to show 50 items in the legend (as far as we know this is the max. number supported by Google).
Important: The following changes to the Maps system are not officially supported. You should always keep a proper backup of your system!
Steps to Go
Please go through the following steps on the computer where PRTG is installed:
- In the PRTG program directory, go to the \webroot\mapobjects sub folder.
Note: This applies to PRTG 13.2.3 or later. In previous versions, please go to "\website\mapobjects". For more information, please see this article.
- Locate the respective "googlemap X.htm" file (for example, googlemap 2.htm for Satellite)
- Duplicate this file
- Open the duplicated file in a text editor
- In the first line, within the HTML comment, change the object name. For example, the first line will then be:
<!--Geo Maps: Satellite Extended-->
- Still in the text editor, search for "maxlegenditems=" and change its value from 5 to 50
- Save the text file
Back in PRTG's Maps Editor, when adding a Geo Map object, you will now see the Satellite Extended item in the list which will show up to 50 items in the legend.