What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Stop CPU Down/Up Notifications

Votes:

I am using PRTG 7.

I am having trouble configuring notifications for my server CPU sensors. Occassionally the status of the sensor goes "Down" with a message of "No such instance (SNMP error # 223)". I get emailed every time this happens and again when the sensor comes back up.

I have selected the Notifications tab in the Sensor Details page and unchecked the "Inherit trigger(s) from parent object(s)" box. There is nothing listed under "State Trigger(s)" or any other Triggers for that matter. Yet I still keep getting these emails. Where should I be configuring this?

cpu notifications prtg snmp

Created on Jun 8, 2011 2:44:34 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

it would be good if you could forward us some screenshots showing this issue to [email protected]

best regards.

Created on Jun 8, 2011 5:21:09 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Screenshots forwarded along.

Created on Jun 8, 2011 6:03:50 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.