What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

% CPU over 75% over perid of time

Votes:

Is there any way to calculate the amount of time in % over say a day or week or month that the cpu has been over 75%.

i have tried using the uptime % on the report but cannot configure the system to alter it

any ideas

prtg reports wmi

Created on Jun 9, 2011 9:47:45 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi

I have worked it out!!!!!!

there is a way to affect the uptime % of the CPU using limits on the channels, if I set the upper limit to 75% then that will class the sensor as down thus affecting the uptime percentage, the down time percentage is tha amount of time/% that the cpu has been over the set limit.

thanks anyway

Created on Jun 9, 2011 1:38:20 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

I'm afraid that is not directly possible in PRTG. You could however export the monitoring data into a CSV, and then perform this calculation in Excel or a similar application.

best regards.

Created on Jun 9, 2011 1:06:44 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi

I have worked it out!!!!!!

there is a way to affect the uptime % of the CPU using limits on the channels, if I set the upper limit to 75% then that will class the sensor as down thus affecting the uptime percentage, the down time percentage is tha amount of time/% that the cpu has been over the set limit.

thanks anyway

Created on Jun 9, 2011 1:38:20 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.