What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I get notified of a Windows Event not occuring?

Votes:

I am setting up PRTG sensors to monitor jobs in BackupExec, and am hoping to go with the following method unless anyone can suggest a better option. BackupExec generates Event ID 34112 upon Job Success, which I have a monitor set up for. What I would like to do is have a notification sent if one of those events DOESN'T occur in a given timescale. Ideally, this should be once an 34112 event occurs, another should occur within say 25 hours (an hour allowed for data growth in backup), if not a error is flagged in PRTG and a notification sent. Any suggestions on how to do this? Also, this will have to be disabled for the weekend, when backups don't occur as tape changes are manual.

backupexec event-log notification

Created on Jun 9, 2011 4:30:57 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear Richard,

I'm afraid this might only be possible using a script - sensor: How can I check the Windows Event log using extended filter options?. Which you can then set on a schedule to be paused on weekends.

best regards.

Created on Jun 9, 2011 5:42:08 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.