What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I add a working Networked Drive Share Sensor to PRTG?

Votes:

I have added a sensor for a networked drive. The problem is that it does not work and always error out.

Error Message: Cannot access network share: The network path was not found(53) (code: PE030)

What I have tried so far:

Add the drive as P$ Add the drive as 'P$' Made sure the device has domain credentials login information

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

prtg smb wmi

Created on Jun 10, 2011 4:43:10 PM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Please make sure you entered the right network path in the sensor settings. When monitoring a share, please create a PRTG device with the computer name or IP address in the IP Address/DNS Name field, and in the sensor's Share field, enter the path only. For example, enter MyComputer in the device, and P$\temp in the sensor's Share field in order to monitor the network path \\MyComputer\P$\temp

Note: Paths beginning with P:\ would always refer to the P: drive of the probe computer, independent from the device the sensor is situated in.

See Also

Created on Jun 14, 2011 10:00:07 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.