What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Disable links in public maps

Votes:

I want to disable all the links and popups in (public) available maps, because the map will be visible for everyone on the internet. Right now a hover over a sensor-tree brings up a popup with some options (clicking on them brings you to the login page) and clicking on the sensors also leads to the PRTG site.

I want a clean dashboard, without people having the ability to see any-more than provided in the map.

I found al similar question, but the solution doesn't work in version 8.4: https://kb.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/10283-how-to-disable-links-in-public-maps

maps prtg public

Created on Jun 11, 2011 8:23:45 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Is there someone who can help me with this?

Created on Jul 6, 2011 2:16:15 PM

Votes:

please see the article again, it has been updated just now.

Created on Jul 6, 2011 2:18:50 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Has this changed again in v12? I tried the suggestions recommended in the updated KB without success (https://kb.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/10283-how-to-disable-links-in-public-maps)

Any ideas on what is needed for v12?

Created on Sep 7, 2012 3:29:11 AM

Votes:

The article has been updated again, please make sure to use the changes marked for PRTG 8.4 and later:

please apply the following patch to the file "prtg.js":

$(function() {
    $(".sensorgraph").attr("onclick", "");
    $("#showamap").delegate("a", "click", function(e) {
        e.preventDefault();
    });
});

Created on Sep 10, 2012 12:54:35 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jan 16, 2014 2:50:58 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.