What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to upgrade from version 6 to 7 on Windows

Votes:

Here's our scenario: Currently running version 6 and we'd like to migrate to latest being 8 without losing configurations. I've read that we can go from 6 -->7 first then we'd have to migrate from 7-->8. My first goal is to migrate from 6-->7 so I definitely need instructions on this. I keep getting same link from support about upgrading to 8 which I understand but, I first need to move to version 7. Can someone please send docs/instructions for upgrading to version 7. Thank you,

Ventura

6 7 prtg upgrade

Created on Jun 14, 2011 4:52:43 PM

Last change on Jun 14, 2011 5:10:39 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

that would be How do I Import Data from PRTG Traffic Grapher 6 or IPCheck Server Monitor 5 in PRTG Network Monitor which is actually linked in the article "How To upgrade from 6 to 8", and which was also sent to you by email.

best regards.

Created on Jun 14, 2011 5:10:28 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.