What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do you set up a disconnected cluster server ?

Votes:

I would like to avoid both servers in a cluster from polling at the same time. Is there another option to setting up a cluster where the data and configuration can be replicated to a standby server that is not actively running prtg. I would be doing this for Disaster Recovery and not as a failover.

clustering disconnected single-polling

Created on Jun 14, 2011 5:47:00 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

I'm afraid a disconnected cluster is not really possible. First of all, it wouldn't get the configuration this way from your main PRTG server. You could theoretically stop the Probe Service on the "Failover"-Node, but this would cause all sensors under the Cluster Probe to go into the "partial down"-state, which might not be what you actually want. In case you only want a proper backup for disaster recovery, we would actually recommend maybe to put PRTG onto a virtual machine and create a snapshot every night for example.

best regards.

Created on Jun 15, 2011 11:32:05 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.