What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Which OID library supports the AS400 version of the IBM MIB?

Votes:

I am attempting to set up a SNMP Library Sensor to monitor an AS400 system. I have tried various OID libraries on the pull down list one sees when defining this kind of sensor. No matter which library I select from the list, I get the message "No available interfaces on this device (code:PE049)". I know for a fact that the AS400 system is transmitting SNMP v1 MIB data because I also have a connection between this AS400 and a CA Spectrum Management Console, which is getting SNMP data from it. The IP address of the PRTG probe is defined as a second Internet Manager Address (SNMP destination) on the AS400, and this has been verified by eyeball on the AS400 system. I am thinking maybe PRTG doesn't have the OID library it needs to read the MIB?

Thanks for your IP on this.

as400 prtg snmp

Created on Jun 14, 2011 8:58:06 PM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

you could check if IBM does supply any MIBs which you can import with our MIB-Importer. Furthermore you can use our SNMP Tester to further test this.

Best regards.

Created on Jun 15, 2011 12:13:45 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.