What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Problem adding WMI bandwidth sensor

Votes:

I receive the following error when attempting to add a bandwidth sensor to one of my servers.

Sorry, the scan for available monitoring items has failed!

Error Message:"80070005: Access is denied - Host: 10.1.0.9, User: Install2, Password: **, Domain: ntlmdomain:ctsit"

I have tried the network administrator acccount, three accounts with admin rights and the local machine administrator account. Firewall is disabled. RPC, SNMP,WMI and DCOM services are started. I've restarted the server.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Leon Harris
Network Administrator
Columbia Theological Seminary

bandwidth sensor wmi

Created on Jun 21, 2011 11:50:31 AM

Last change on Jun 21, 2011 3:51:08 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear Leon,

just to check is the target host part of your domain? Can you scan against it with our WMI Tester? Please also try the tipps from the following articles:

best regards.

Created on Jun 21, 2011 3:56:22 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jun 21, 2011 3:56:44 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.