What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

I am purchasing a new SSL certificate from Comodo, what is the web server software PRTG uses?

Votes:

I am purchasing a new SSL certificate from Comodo to cover the new DNS entry for my PRTG installation, however when I go through their checkout one of the questions they ask is 'Web Server Software'. There are many different options listed here but I have no clue which one I need to choose to ensure that the new certificate will work with PRTG.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Regards,

Jez Marsh

certificate prtg8 ssl

Created on Jun 22, 2011 9:17:33 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Dear Jez,

the Webserver in PRTG is written by us and based on the Indy Library. So it's not Apache or similar.

best regards.

Created on Jun 22, 2011 2:28:44 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the reply Torsten, can I be confident that selecting 'OTHER' from the list of webservers on Comodo's site will result in a SSL certificate which will work with PRTG?

Created on Jun 23, 2011 8:40:27 AM

Votes:

I'm afraid I can't guarantee it, but probably would go for the same option.

Created on Jun 23, 2011 9:32:31 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

If I'm going to use Comodo or someone similar, what is the correct procedure for setting up the SSL certificate? I have viewed the instructions on the KB, but I'm still unsure what I need to do when using a purchased cert from a 3rd party.

Created on Jun 27, 2011 4:23:06 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.