What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to create a Filter for the Cisco CDP Protokoll TCP Port 4224

Votes:

The "Include Filter" contained: any
Exclude Filter contained nothing
The "Channel Definition" contained:

#1250:CDP
Protocol[TCP] AND (DestinationPort[4224] OR SourcePort[4244])
i tried this also: (Protocol[TCP] AND (DestinationPort[4224] OR SourcePort[4244]))

#1021:OtherUDP
Protocol[UDP]

The Channels tab didnt show the "CDP" Entry But the "OtherUDP" Entry is present

4224 cdp channel tcp

Created on Jul 1, 2011 8:16:42 AM

Last change on Jul 1, 2011 12:40:51 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

please bear in mind that Channels (in such Custom Netflow/Packet Sniffing Sensors) will not be created until PRTG detects traffic matching the definition.

best regards.

Created on Jul 1, 2011 12:41:41 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, i used the V6 before. In this Version you can create/edit a Channel-libary for protocols.

Like this: Protocol[TCP] DestinationPort[4224] Protocol[TCP] SourcePort[4224]

How can i represent this Protokoll definition in the new Version of PRTG?

i just found three Boxes to customize my Sensor. Include Filter - Exclude Filter - Channel Definition

Created on Jul 4, 2011 5:42:28 AM

Votes:

That would be the Channel Definition.

Created on Jul 4, 2011 12:38:42 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I need the exactly syntax with Port 4224, all i've found and tried didnt work but i dont know why.

Created on Jul 4, 2011 12:44:07 PM

Votes:

Florian, your definition in the initial question is already correct, but once again please bear in mind that Channels (in such Custom Netflow/Packet Sniffing Sensors) will not be created until PRTG detects traffic matching the definition.

Created on Jul 4, 2011 12:57:12 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.