What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to swap In and Out channels

Votes:

When i monitor traffic on router's local interfaces, charts are generated the other way around. So 'In Traffic' is shown as 'Out' and vice versa. Perfectly normal (as the sensor sees the interfaces), but I prefer to see it swapped, so i have a nice overview on how much uploading or downloading has been going on on given interface. I can easily change the Channel Names and Colors, as long as i use the Independent Chart type. But when I switch to "positive and negative area chart" type, the actual In's are always up and Out's are bottom. So for me, it's wrong again, since i have changed the channel names around.. Is there any way to customise this chart type, so i can get my 'In' channel on top and 'Out' to the bottom? Or is there some other setting for swapping channels, which i have missed?

channelssndw chart-customization swap-in-out

Created on Jul 1, 2011 7:20:24 PM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hallo,

at the moment there is no setting or switch that would let you do the change you are looking for, sorry.

Created on Jul 2, 2011 9:43:08 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.