What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do you set the SNMPv3 ContextName

Votes:

Some of my equipment requires the use of SNMPv3. When I try connecting to it with either PRTG Network Monitor or the SNMP Tester, I get "Authorization Error 16". Using SNMPGet and Wireshark I have narrowed the problem down to a lack of a contextName entry in requests from both PRTG Network Monitor and SNMP Tester. How do I set the contextName value for SNMPv3 requests?

autorization-error-16 contextname snmpv3

Created on Jul 4, 2011 8:27:15 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hallo,

this is not available in PRTG at the moment, sorry. We will add this to the wish list but you will probably not see this in PRTG soon.

You are the first one to request it and all developers are extremely busy finishing version 9 at the moment.

Created on Jul 5, 2011 7:05:57 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.