What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to display all alarmed channels in sensor?

Votes:

Hi,

I have created sensor with more then one channel in it and set alarms for each channel. When more then one channel meets condition for alarm only one of them is displayed on alarm page with alarm message.

Is there any way I can set PRTG to display all of alarmed channels?

Thanks

alarm channel more-then-one sensor

Created on Jul 14, 2011 3:35:28 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Dear Drasko,

I'm afraid this cannot be changed. The message (that a limit was reached) can only be displayed for one channel.

best regards.

Created on Jul 18, 2011 12:25:47 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

As you wrote the sensor yourself, you can hardcode the limits for every channel and set the sensor into an error state yourself.

This way you can also set the message that is returned to PRTG depending on the channels that exceed the limits.

It's not exactly what you want, but probably the next best thing.

Created on Jul 18, 2011 3:33:10 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.