What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Inherit Scanning Interval

Votes:

Hi there

On every sensor there is Inherit Scanning Interval tab. Is there any advantage to reducing the interval. For example I have a sensor that counts total amout of emails on my Exchange server and currently it scans every 60 seconds...if I changed this to 12 or 24 hours as this is not critical anyway will that reduce stress on the server...and does this go for anyother sensor to?

Cheers

exchange-2007 prtg scanning-interval

Created on Jul 15, 2011 12:17:19 PM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Increasing the intervals certainly takes load off of the PRTG server, regardless of the sensor type. How much this reduction would entail depends on the sensor type and on the new scanning interval.

Created on Jul 15, 2011 2:00:21 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.