What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

vertical axis scaling with positive/negative chart

Votes:

It seems that the manual vertical axis scaling doesn't work when the chart type is set to positive/negative area. As soon as I change it to the normal view it works, but I can't show a chart with consistent in/out scales as far as I can tell.

chart scale vertical-axis

Created on Jul 15, 2011 2:58:22 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

I do apologize for the late reply, may I ask which exact settings you did enter for the scaling?

best regards.

Created on Jul 26, 2011 2:53:52 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I was trying to scale a graph to show the maximum speed for the connection at all times. For example, if I have a 10 Mbps connection (but it is on a 100 Mbps switchport), I tried setting the vertical axis max to 10000 and min to -10000 for each channel. I also tried it with min at 0, etc.

With those same settings as soon as I switch the graph type back to default, the limits hold. They work 10k to -10k as well as 10k to 0. They even work 10k-0 for in and 0 to -10k for out and it puts the out at the top of the graph. It just looks funny, but it kind of does the job.

I have turned off showing downtime & traffic total in the charts, so it is traffic in & trafifc out only. In is set to 10 (mbps) max, 0 min. Out is set to 0 max -10 min.

Created on Jul 27, 2011 4:33:56 PM

Votes:

I'm sorry, but the manual scaling is not active if a sensor graph is displaying the data in positive/negative style. This should have been stated in the explanation texts next to the options. We will correct this of course.

Created on Jul 28, 2011 1:58:59 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.