What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I get your product to work with a Trango Link 45?

Votes:

I need to be able to use your application with the Trango Link 45 units. They work in my old CyberGauge for Windows application with no problem. Please put me on a link for a solution.

bandwidth snmp trango

Created on Jul 18, 2011 4:29:41 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Trango now provides PRTG ready Trango SNMP .oidlib files so you can skip the importing step.

Created on Mar 13, 2013 9:37:46 PM

8 Replies

Votes:

Hallo,

what SNMP settings are you using in PRTG?

please scan against the device using our free SNMP Tester

https://www.paessler.com/tools/snmptester

try different SNMP settings, single get, force 32bit mode and check if you can get data from the device.

Created on Jul 19, 2011 7:02:43 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Did you already try to download the respective MIB file from the Trango Website's downloads section and import it using Paessler's MIB Importer?

Created on Jul 19, 2011 10:52:40 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

That was a great help. The question is now, how do I combine all senors on one chart like the supported devices have. Like, in and out and totals on one chart. I can only make one reading per sensor. Sorry to be the villiage idiot but I am new with this.

Created on Jul 19, 2011 4:18:04 PM

Votes:

I am sorry to be the villiage idiot but I am new with this. The above information helped me a bunch. I now need to know how to create my sensor with ethernet in, out, and total on the same chart. I want it to look like the ones that worked out of the box for all my other sensors. I can only make one item per chart.

Created on Jul 19, 2011 5:13:17 PM

Votes:

1. try with running an autodiscovery on your device

2. if you only want the traffic sensors open the device, go to add sensors, select SNMP, then SNMP traffic, select the interfaces, save.

Quick start Guide might be a good help, too

https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg8/quick_start_guide.htm

Created on Jul 19, 2011 6:17:18 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jul 19, 2011 6:17:29 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Option 2 does not work as I have to use the custom library selection due to it being a Trango. It can not connect to the device when I select SNMP, then SNMP traffic.

Created on Jul 19, 2011 7:28:09 PM

Votes:

I'm afraid the multi-channel In / Out / Sum option is only available for standard SNMP Traffic sensors. If you wish to combine the information provided by multiple SNMP sensors in a single sensor / graph, you would need to use Sensor Factory sensors.

Created on Jul 20, 2011 2:35:51 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Trango now provides PRTG ready Trango SNMP .oidlib files so you can skip the importing step.

Created on Mar 13, 2013 9:37:46 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.