What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I monitor multiple devices with one or 2 sensors?

Votes:

I created a manual sensor, but I don't want to create the same sensor for each device I want to monitor. The devices are the same routers, so the sensor should work for all of the added devices. How can this be done? The routers are on the WAN and for each one of them I activated SNMP, but since I am running the free version, I get to limit to 5 routers (each router with 2 or one sensor) take up the 10 free sensors. Can this be done? one or two sensors to monitor the whole group?

devices monitor multiple sensor

Created on Jul 19, 2011 5:13:24 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

hallo,

you can configure one device and then clone it.

https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg8/clone_object.htm

one sensor is required for the probe health! That one can not be deleted, sorry.

Created on Jul 19, 2011 6:13:49 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ok, that works for keeping the same settings for the sensors, but still have the limit of 10 sensors, so the 10 sensors for this "new device" are not licensed, so they are paused. It does not work as I expected. Thanks

Created on Jul 19, 2011 7:42:59 PM

Votes:

You would need to purchase a commercial license allowing to monitor more than 10 sensors. It is not possible to break up a sensor into two sensors. Sorry.

Created on Jul 20, 2011 2:32:44 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.