What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

why I get this line of problem: "70 % Delay (Other Interval Delay) is above the warning limit of 50

Votes:

Although there's no problem with my server, on which PRTG is installed.

delay interval probe

Created on Jul 21, 2011 7:17:13 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

please increase your scanning intervals, they are too low. The PRTG server simply can not keep up with the monitoring.

Either a lot of your intervals are very smal or some devices take a long time to answer.

Created on Jul 21, 2011 1:49:10 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

If I have a group of device from Far east that answering very poor and have a lot of packet loss. May I use some specific configuration of the sensors on this group to avoid the delay on the server ?

Thanks

Created on Dec 24, 2014 8:06:24 AM

Votes:

Dear killep2

please me more specific. If you use ping sensors to devices in the far east, and if you configure warning / error limits, of course they should be set to reasonable values.

Since network latency adds to the execution time of a sensor, it can help to also increase the scanning interval, to avoid flooding the network with sensor requests.

Created on Dec 24, 2014 2:22:20 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, I am speaking about the server itself not about the group. The latency occurring on the server.

Created on Dec 24, 2014 2:49:45 PM

Votes:

If the server warns about the delay, the sensor intervals should be increased. Even if the server has enough resources, if the reply to a sensor request takes too long, it delays the sensor working thread, which in turn delays other sensor requests.

Created on Dec 24, 2014 2:57:28 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.